Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Who we are?
DebtFree SA is a financial and debt management firm that has partnered with several financial institutes in the industry. Please visit our contact page for our contact details. DebtFree SA is committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We have strict standards to ensure your privacy is protected in accordance with the Privacy laws of South Africa, our policies and procedures
We will collect information such as your name, postal and email address, date of birth, financial details, and any other information we consider necessary. The information we collect, and hold is for the purposes of:
- Assessing your application and identifying you as required by FICA
- Providing you with ongoing management and administration of our products and services;
- Providing you with information about DebtFree SA products or services from time-to-time.
In certain cases, we collect your personal information from third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, your nominated representative (such as a legal or financial adviser), your employer, or publicly available sources of information. If you do not provide some or all the information that we seek to collect from you, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. DebtFree SA regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Although we take stringent measures to protect customer information, we cannot ensure the security of any information you provide to us, and you do so at your own risk
Use and Disclosure
Where your personal information is given to us, we will seek to ensure that the information is used for the purposes for which it was collected. Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Those involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure
- Our partners in financial transactions, including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations
- Credit bureaus, debt collection agencies, National Credit Regulator and any organisations involved in our normal business practices
- Your nominated representatives as required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies
- Offer you other products or services, which we believe may be of interest or benefit to you that we or our partners might have available and where you have given your consent
Access and Complaints
We are required to provide you access to your information, except in circumstances where:
- Access would pose a serious threat to the life, health, or privacy of any individual
- The information relates to a commercially sensitive decision-making process it is considered frivolous or vexatious request; or
- Access would be unlawful or prohibited by authorities
Please visit our contact page for our details if you wish to
- Request access to your information
- Seek correction of your information, or
- Make a complaint to us about privacy matters.